Monday, September 12, 2011

Wrapped in Rain by Charles Martin

Charles Martin’s Wrapped in Rain is an excellent read.  I have read the novel twice over the last few years and both times I couldn’t put it down.  The characters are well written.  The story is a difficult one to read at times, but inspires as well.  This is not your typical “christian fiction” there are real world struggles within the story line.  Clark and Missie Davis do not live here.  It is not a book I would give a young teen to read.  However, for adults the transition that transpires within the main character, Tucker Rain, will inspire and encourage.  Martin will bring you to tears.  The example set forth for the reader by Ms. Ella will impact how you interact with others.  It is a story about two young boys, their friend, and their troubled childhood and how one lady made all the difference.  To say more would ruin your enjoyment of a spectacular book.  Read this one.  You’ll be glad you did.  I am, twice.  For this reading I received a e-copy of the book from Booksneeze in exchange for a reader’s review without any requirements of the contents of my review.  My above comments and opinions are my own.

No comments: