Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Moon Sand

Why? Why create a product that will bring sand into your home? Do I not have enough stuff to sweep up off my floor? Okay, so the kid loves it. Carter got a box of moon sand as a gift at a holiday party. He loves it. It is a treat for him if I get out a tray and let him play with it, but that is the problem. I don't like having things they can only play with if I have time to clean up the mess afterward. This really is sand box play inside our home. It must be put on something to contain the mess while playing (the box suggests this, but shows pictures of kids playing without any tray- we use a cookie sheet). It does "stick together" more than play sand for cleanup, but it is still sand and it gets everywhere. So just know in advance its not something they can be set free to play with unsupervised.

1 comment:

Alipurr said...

I met someone once whose little one had celiac disease and could not use play doh, but she could play with Moon Sand. That said, I have one little tub of the stuff and I avoid it like the plague!! :)